Friday, January 18, 2013

Rocke Christmas Photo Shoot 2012







































Ace's friend Beverly took these pictures for us while we were in Indiana for Christmas. I read on someone's blog that it is important to look between the faces on these "Christmas card" shots. Though we (somewhat embarrassingly) planned out outfits, staged the location, and all actually showered up for the pictures, the real story is read between the faces.

The year has been really good in a lot of ways for our family. Dan has found friendship with the guys at work and satisfaction in what he is doing. I have really enjoyed this year at home with our boys. I feel content with them and have experienced a joy I have not known before. We have been healthy (for the most part) and enjoying each other's company.

This year has also been hard. Dan's hours are long. My hours are long with the boys and tutoring. But God has provided the strength we need. Dan and I have been talking a lot recently about how we need to rely on God to give us the rest we need instead of "x" amount of time together, on the couch, sleeping, etc. I am thankful that we are having to learn this lesson even though our schedules are intense.

We have emotionally cried out to God on behalf of the people we love going through difficult things this year. We have gotten angry and wrestled to understand why God just doesn't fix it, but I think He is trying to teach us to trust that He is in control of these hard things. Increase our faith to trust in your goodness in these things, Lord.

I am thankful that we are together as a family and able to hope on the Lord together. Thanks for the pictures, Beverly!

No comments:

Post a Comment