Sunday, January 6, 2013

Indiana Trip with the Rockes

I'm not sure how to boil down our two weeks in Indiana into a posting. It was such a blessing. The unexpected mini-van allowing for the boys to be happy the WHOLE way both directions and Luke to sleep, sleep, sleep.



So I'll break it down into 2 posts, time with the Rockes and time with the Johnson/Soles.  Our time with the Rockes was a joy.  The boys (and I) loved just being together with Papaw, Grandma ("vamaw" as Jack says), Sam, Abbey, and Ben.  
We took a Yoga class together (all of us...yes, even Dan) which appropriately spawned much banter, we walked in the snow-covered nature preserve,  we read books to the boys.



Jack got a haircut from Uncle Ben, and there were always at least 3 adults putting the boys to bed each night.

We talked and hugged and laughed and ate together for 24/7. That is what I love (and the only thing I like) about this distance between us. When we are together, we are totally together and intertwined in every aspect of the day. 












3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a sweet trip! Your entry made me think of When the Relatives Came. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We talked and hugged and laughed and ate together for 24/7. That is what I love (and the only thing I like) about this distance between us. When we are together, we are totally together and intertwined in every aspect of the day."

    That is the best!

    ReplyDelete