Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fire!

After being stuck inside most of the rainy week, we had a blast making this masterpiece together yesterday. I loved it since the guys actually joined in. I loved watching Calvin make an extended ladder, fire hoses, and fire.  Jack was making me laugh so hard...every time I drew something new, he would come over and "make fire" on it before I could even finish. Calvin and Jack would giggle saying, "That's not good!" imitating my first response to Jack's fires. Thankfully, by the time we went inside, there were 3 fire trucks in response to the fire. If only the fire hydrant itself had not been enflamed, the fire may have been extinguished.




Jack was disappointed in himself for the first time yesterday when he tried to make a wheel and it didn't turn out as he thought it should. He eventually started drawing again, but he refused for a while. He's growing up....sweet buddy.




The guys seem to want to participate in about everything these days...and are marginally helpful. We made pizza dough and granola this morning. 



Jack didn't want this picture, but I think he actually did.








2 comments:

  1. Just love the fire truck play scene! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke's pics are just too cute! He's gonna be a lady killer, for sure!

    ReplyDelete