Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Indiana Trip with the Johnson/Soles

While in Indiana, we got to hang out with my mom "Nana" and my sister and family. It was great to see them! I got to meet their little guy Teddy for the first time! Poor Luke (7 months) felt a bit puny next to his 3 month old linebacker cousin.  I can't wait to get to know that little guy as he grows up. He has a sweetness to him that drew me to him right away!


And Addie was so fun for me and Calvin and Jack. We had fun hiking through a nature preserve, swimming, and having little competitions (most of which, to her chagrin, I was the decided victor!).  

I have never seen Calvin so enamored by someone. For three straight days, Calvin followed Addie around doing basically whatever she told him to do.  Jack was close in their wake enjoying the experience. At one point Addie told Calvin they had to lay down and "take a nap."  Calvin and Addie were laying down pretending for all of 30 seconds, and after they had up and moved on, Jack came to the same spot to do the same....but by himself...thoroughly enjoying himself. Sweet buddy.































We also hung out at the hotel pool a couple of mornings, which the kids loved! Uncle Jason was the star retrieving all of Calvin's guys that he was throwing to the deep end! 

Kim, as always, was an instant hit with the boys.....and I loved being with her, too!

Nana had all of her Grandkids together in one place, and she had some sweet time with all of them. 
She had a big hotel room that we used as home base to get ready for the pool and celebrate Calvin's birthday!

My mom then drove back with me to North Carolina and stayed for a week here. We had a grew time together! Calvin and Nana built an extensive Lego zoo together. Jack and Nana played jump off the pillows. And Luke got a lot of smiles and tickles. I was able to take a "date" excursion with each the guys.....grated, Luke's "date" was his doctor's appointment. I returned from my date with Calvin to find this scene....priceless. 

And from her joy while reading, I would guess that read aloud before nap and bedtime was one of her favorite things. The boys loved it, too!

Incidentally, though my Dad passed away before he could meet Luke, I think Luke resembles him. I found this picture in my mom's house. 






























2 comments:

  1. Probably one of my favorite posts ever. (Even though they are all my favorite)

    Congrats on your sweet little linebacker, Sole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kelly, for such a loving blog of our family's time together at Christmas, 2013.

    ReplyDelete