Thursday, January 28, 2010

Walking and Competitive Eating

I now know why kids Cal's age are called "toddlers." Calvin has been walking around like crazy, and it is pretty funny to watch. Without much meter or balance, and with a diaper interrupting his leg motion, Calvin definitely "toddles."

Here is a view from behind. For some reason, Cal loves to walk to the front door and knock on it. He's talking to himself the whole time in the video, as is often the case. Maybe this is like singing or whistling while working?


From this forward view, you can see how proud Calvin is of himself for this new-found ability. He often lets out a little laugh of satisfaction when he successfully reaches his destination.


Calvin has spent a lot of time with his buddy, Mac, these last few days. Mac came over on Monday to hang out, and the two got to eat lunch together. With me feeding both at the same time, Calvin ate amazingly well. I think Calvin liked it when I offered him a bite instead of Mac, so he actually accepted the bites. Hmmm. Maybe I need to start pretending that Cal isn't the center of attention by putting a doll in the highchair and Cal on my lap. =)

This was the first time a younger baby vied for his mommy's attention, and boy was Calvin upset when I put Mac on my lap to give him a bottle. Cal threw a royal fit! The classic tantrum...face down on the ground with limbs sprawled out screaming. He occasionally looked back at me, then resumed his fit. When Dan came downstairs to see what was happening, Cal buried his head in Dan's chest like his feelings had been hurt. After a few minutes, Dan said, "Let's go make up with Mommy." Calvin refused, clinging more tightly than ever to Dan. He was mad! I know I've created this little monster, and I felt bad that he was sad, but I think it is a good lesson.

Here some pictures that my friend, Amanda, took with her sweet camera. Her house was like Disneyland for him... so many fun toys, and many with lights and songs!



No comments:

Post a Comment