Saturday, January 23, 2010

There's a Wocket in My Pocket and a Racquet in My Hand

One of Calvin's favorite books is There's a Wocket in My Pocket by Dr. Seuss. Sometimes Dan and I recite it since Calvin likes the words so much, and we've noticed that lately he responds by fetching the actual book! At first I thought that this was just a coincidence, but Cal does it every time! I started the video a little late, but you can get the idea.


Dan and I went to play tennis with our friends Lori and Dave, and it was a lot of fun! While Dan and Dave actually played, Lori and I hit a little bit...not sure it can be classified as "playing." There was a coach watching Lori and me from another court. We're pretty sure he was thinking that we were diamonds in the rough.

The whole family on the tennis court. We thought Calvin would love pushing the "Push-n-Ride Racer" around the open courts, but he was a little scared of how fast it went. He did, however, enjoy being pushed around by Dan.

Our friends, Lori and Dave, playing with Cal after the match. Cal has been afraid of Dave's beard, but he's warming up to him =).


Calvin did amazingly well while we played! He scooted all over the tennis court chasing this empty tennis ball canister. He didn't seem to care if we were around or not. It was fun to see him so independent in such an open space!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see that Cal is finally on the tennis court! I was afraid that with his lucky golf ball and golfing experience, he would only know the frustration of that game and not the joys of playing tennis. :) Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete