Tuesday, January 12, 2010

# 2

Calvin's days of single-handedly dominating the "Rocke Blog" are soon to come to an end as #2 is on the way! Yesterday was the confirmation doctor appointment, and they said everything looks good. The little guy or girl is 12 weeks along, so the due date is July 25th!

Here are the ultrasounds we got yesterday:

This one shows the "crown to rump" length measurement. I guess he or she is about the size of a lime.
This picture shows that he or she has 2 arms and 2 legs. Yeah!

This picture shows the heartbeat. 158 bpm sounds really fast, but I'm told that is normal. I've heard that some people think you can tell the gender based on how fast it is or not. Someone told me their girl had a heartbeat of 160ish. Hmmm...

Everything so far with the pregnancy has been pretty easy.The biggest noticeable change has been that I want nothing to do with coffee...that is what made me take the pregnancy test initially. Probably not such a bad thing for the baby's health and my own. =)

Though July 25th is earlier that we anticipated when going into the ultrasound, it is a great time. Dan finishes his intern year at the end of June, so he'll be past his crazy intern hours for the new arrival! We are really thankful for this!

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet baby #2! Hope you're feeling good, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah that is so amazing! what a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be true about the heartbeat. Ella's was always around 160 never below 150. I bet it's a GIRL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! So exciting : )
    We miss you here in A2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting for the day that your baby becomes the size of a Chinese cabbage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such great great news. Though I have to say, I don't know how you all do it. I had a hard enough time taking care of a 3 year old and being pregnant. 18 months a part = amazing to me :) At least you are probably past most of the tired parts if you are 12 weeks. Go Rocke's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You can handle 20 3rd graders so I know that you can handle two little ones. Lots of love for everyone.

    ReplyDelete