Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tower Building and Hair Styling

Containers and balls are hands-down Calvin's favorite toys these days. He has been stacking and unstacking his little cups and our tupperware whenever it is time to play. He took this to a whole new level yesterday. I looked over to see him happily playing in the tupperware cabinet like usual when I am in the kitchen. However, I saw a masterpiece taking shape instead of bowls strewn about. Here is the play-by-play:


And then, my favorite part. He'd been chewing on a rubber "8" bath toy, and he thought it needed to go on the top of the tower. Cal putting it inside the top bowl, then squealed with delight.
On a side note, after I put Calvin down for a nap this morning, I noticed this on the floor. He'd carried the tupperware from the kitchen into the living room where he created this work of art. I can't bear to tear it down yet because I just keep smiling looking at it.

Our little artist has also taken up hair styling. While eating solids, he's pulling his hair (how do you stop this?). It leaves quite a nappy result.




1 comment:

  1. Maggie does the SAME THING with her hair! Most of it isn't long enough to pull, but the back and the top are. She did a nice oatmeal banana mousse last week for some vertical spikes off the back. It's worse now that she has been insistent on feeding herself and gets her hands dirtier. :)

    ReplyDelete