Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bike Ride

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful day here! Mid 60's and sunny! It was a perfect day for Calvin's first bike ride...and my first since Calvin was born. We met some friends from our small group to ride on the pedestrian trail called the American Tobacco Trail. I thought this sunny excursion was a perfect opportunity to try Calvin's "Calvin College" hat once again. He kept it on for record time-like 20 minutes!

Our friend Amanda has two great bike trailors, so I got to borrow one for Cal. He was not so sure about it at first, but his lucky golf ball kept him content.


We biked for maybe 45 minutes on the trail, winding through pine tree-lined paths and traversing a few questionable intersections. I must say that biking with such precious cargo is a little nerve racking and much more fatiguing (or I'm just really out of shape and pregnant).

By the end of the ride, Calvin was certainly a happy guy. Here is a picture at the end of the ride. You can't tell from this picture, but, yes, he still has the golfball in his left hand. I'm always amazed at how long he can hold onto things!

Here are some pictures of the girls who went. There are 2 photos so that we could all be represented. Missa is in the blue, Lori in the black, Amanda in the grey, and me in the pink. Amanda's little guy, Mac, and Cal are hanging out in the matching trailors.


2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy that you found some friends to hangout with and even bike ride! I know how much you enjoy being in the outdoors whether its running, biking, or swimming :) Can't wait to see you...1 1/2 months! Enjoy the beautiful weather you are having because I am sure jealous! :) jk. I just wish some of your nice weather could take a side trip up to the north. Have a wonderful day and God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cal looks like he is beside himself with happiness wth that wide smile. How cute! Mom

    ReplyDelete