Sunday, May 19, 2013

Quite a Crew

The last few days have been a great whirlwind. As the boys (and Corrie!) get older, 6 kids feels more and more like 6 kids. We didn't sit down much at all this time, but I loved watching all of the kids interact at an older level. The older 4 all engaged each other in actual conversations, and they joked around and played pretend. Jack and Corrie discovered there was a monster coming that served as a reason to run and hide together in lots of different places. Calvin and Mac wrestled a bit and chased each other around the downstairs.  Calvin is seeming so much older to me these days. He willingly rode his bike to the park instead of sitting in a stroller when I told him it would be really helpful since there was not room for all the kids. He shared his highchair and waited his turn for being served at the table when I told him I'd serve our guests first. I'm so thankful for what I see God doing in his little heart in this area.

We walked a few places while they were here, and it was quite a scene. Luke and Davey can finally ride together! Can't wait to see how they interact as they grow up!

Everyone needed something to push around the block....
And there was a lot of conversation along the way...I think Mac is telling Luke and Davey about the flowers here.




We put 4 kids in one stroller for a loop around the block at one point, but we had Corrie jump in for this picture. This was as close as we could come to a picture with all 6 kids.

One evening we mixed up the car assignments for a quick trip to a new park to have some ice cream. Corrie, Mac, and Luke rode with me. Here is what I saw in my mirror. So sweet!

We had one nearly terrible mishap. Amanda and I had been planning to take the kids to the pool since the season opening was Saturday. We packed food, toys, and kids all up, and then I couldn't find my pool card! We knew they would be so disappointed, but thankfully Amanda had this Slip 'n Slide in the  back of her van. The kids did not mind a bit about missing the pool. In fact, I'm pretty sure at least Jack thought that this was the pool we were speaking of because of the little blue pool at the end of the Slip 'n Slide.

It was cold, but perfect!











Amanda started helping the kids slide on the plastic instead of use it as a water gauntlet/cat-walk to tiptoe down.

Jack never wanted the extra help from Amanda, so instead he covered his eyes all the way down while the water hit him at eye level. Such a funny little guy!

Luke just stood to eat his whole lunch instead of getting in the water. I think his physical therapist would be proud of this innovative way to give him some standing time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! What fun! Glad for you to have the time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aldi center isle to the rescue yet again!

    Sweet summary of our visit, Kelly :) I will have to post some of my pictures of our dates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun for you all! What a zoo! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete