Friday, May 17, 2013

Carrying Sick People

Jack thinks Dan's job is carrying sick people from room to room. And he wants to be just like him. I think he gets this from Dan's own job description as "caring for sick people."  For a while now, Jack has been asking Dan if the sick people at work are heavy....now it is all making sense.  I love his little mind.

We had an allergy appointment for Calvin yesterday, and he was such a big boy. He wanted to do everything with the doctors independently....even a temp under the tongue, sitting on the exam table, and laying down for the nut allergy test pricks on his back.


He quietly said ouch after each prick, but was so brave laying still until the tenth prick was finished.  The nurse left the room and I leaned down to give him a kiss, telling him how proud I was of him, and he starting tearing and crying. I love that little guy.

Jack was concerned for Calvin while the test was happening.

 
And the result.....Calvin didn't scratch it once. He'd just ask me to blow on it again. Not sure if I could do that in the face of these welts. Calvin's walnut and pecan allergies are 4 times worse than a year ago, but his peanut allergy is better. Unfortunately, they say nuts are so cross contaminated in the production that it is not worth trying to pursue having him be reintroduced to peanuts. 

On a side note, we were at the park the other day and Jack asked to play the blue slide game...which entails the boys "catching" me as I come down the blue slide, then me catching them and pretending to throw them in the trash.  I was holding Luke, so I told them I couldn't pick them up. They suggested throwing Luke in the trash.  Here he is in his pretend trash can.



Calvin and Jack jumped in the trash with him.










2 comments:

  1. I teared up reading and seeing the pics about Cal's allergy tests. Please give him a hug from Nana and tell him I wanted him to know that I can't eat nuts either because I don't like them. Bless his brave little heart. I love Jack's reasoning about Dan's work--sooo cute! Hugs & kisses to you all... Nana

    ReplyDelete