Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Such Encouragement



Tonight was such an encouraging night! I have been trying to trust God for providing all that we need here in Toronto. It has been hard to stay focused on the truth. Today Calvin was writing this verse in his handwriting book, and man was it good.

All day long I will praise and honor you, O God, for all that you have done for me.  Psalm 71:8

It speaks to the whole family right now...we are memorizing it, and were playing with it at dinner tonight. We'd say "All day long (except when --------), I will praise and honor you..." The boys then emphatically said NO! That's not what it says! They thought it was hilarious, but it was such a good exercise for me to remember that there are no qualifiers in that verse. Here were some of highlights:

Dan: Except when I get home late
Kelly: Except when M&m's are too expensive to buy at te grocery store.
Calvin: Except when I don't get to go in the splash park because it's too cold
Jack: Except when Luke takes my toys (Jack didn't actually say that, but he should have!)
Luke: Except when Jack takes my toys (those 2 have sure been at each other!)

In the end, we need to change the word except to especially. That is the encouragement we really need. 

Also, I met a couple girls at the park that actually wanted my number an invited me to "get grilled cheese" with them! And they are both teachers and speak English! Seems so little, but I really count it as a little gift after the odds I've seen. So thankful!




3 comments:

  1. So grateful, Kelly. God is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you! God is good. You need friends there and I hope they have children that can be friends for the boys, too. I love the selfie of you and the boys--it's beautiful!! Love to you, Dan, Cal, Jack & Luke!!

    ReplyDelete