Thursday, July 17, 2014

Epi-pen

I can't believe I did this!!! Some times I just sit back and cringe at the terrible situations I get myself (and my family) into! Going up an off ramp, turning on the wrong burner on the stove, and now this...

Dan and the boys love playing doctor together! The boys get all suited up with stethoscope, white coat, surgical mask, and their doctoring tools to work on ther patient Dan.

The other night they were having a blast when the action suddenly stopped. Dan says, "I think I just gave myself the real epi-pen." WHAT?! That means instant sweating, crazy fast heartrate, potential throwing up...no fun! 

Yes, yes, he did! There was the blood spot from the needle right on his leg! We kept waiting for the response, but thankfully none came.  You have to hold the shot in your leg for 10 seconds, and Dan reflexively pulled it out immediately. It appears he got no epinephrine. Whew! 

Dan claims he saw me putting the pen in our play doctor bin and asked me if it was the real one instead of the trainer that we do use as a toy. Apparently I scoffed that he would even suggest I might be putting the real pen in the toys. Well, I guess I did. I'm so glad that it wasn't one of the boys getting the shot! I'm also thankful that Dan was a good sport and didn't have to suffer too many consequences! Yikes!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I have to admit that my heart stopped when I saw the title of this post. I immediately thought about Cal and was so worried!....but it was only Dan. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean I am laughing hysterically !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. That'd be something I'd do, too. No question. So glad it turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks a little glassy eyed in the photo/a good actor? Thankfully, it turned out well. May the good Lord continue to watch over you as you adjust to your new surroundings. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete