Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jack getting his hands dirty

We carved a pumpkin tonight, and by "we" I mean Jack and (a little of) me.
 That little guy immediately started digging out pulp and seeds with his bare hands, and he protested whenever I tried to offer help with a spoon. I loved Jack's face when digging in the sliminess, but even when the pumpkin was empty he went to the trash bag for more!





 Calvin played the role of commander and chief, and did a nice job doling out responsibility and playing the encourager so that everyone else did the work he was so excited about. At one point he was giddy talking about showing the pumpkin to Daddy and Hockey. In the next breath he told me I would have to carry it though. Little goober was even getting out of that work!





 I already know what this whole interaction said about #1 (could his costume have been more aptly chosen...Optimus Prime)? In his defense, all he knows it to be is a robot.

I'm not sure what this says about our work horse, Jack, but I do know I love that little guy!

The whole project was complete in under 30 minutes due to our sweet alarm clock...

Both boys were eager to "help Luke" when he started getting fussy before the face was complete. So sweet!





1 comment:

  1. I want to come down there and wrestle those little guys!

    ReplyDelete