Friday, October 19, 2012

Hooker Waders

I love living with boys.... I love how quirky, funny, and sweet they are. These are some things that brought a smile to my face this week.

1.  Calvin's Hooker Waders:  His face lit up when he discovered these on the stairs after church.  Dan, as usual enjoying the shock factor, immediately took to calling them "hooker waders."

2.  Jack imitating EVERYTHING Calvin does these days. The honeymoon period of Jack believing that certain privileges are unique to his older brother has passed. He is now popping his head out of his room at bedtime, though he certainly does not need to go to the potty. And he has taken to getting out of his highchair to try to get himself some more milk from the fridge since he sees Calvin getting himself water.  I find it so sweet, BUT...a new realm of management on our end. I feel kind of bad for him since he doesn't get that he just isn't big enough to do certain things.

Because Calvin was doing it, Jack wanted to try rollerskateing.  He's not nearly coordinated enough yet, so he just stood there (refusing a helping hand) and looking sweet before asking me to pick him up. 


3.  Daddy Love: The boys just can't get enough.  The other day Jack was standing at the bedroom window over-looking the driveway calling for Dan to come home at 8:00 in the morning. He has such a soft little heart.  Calvin treasures his time with Dan talking to him in bed before he goes to sleep. He always asks, "How many sick people were there today?" and what were each of their ailments. He'll sometimes ask, "Does he have cancer?" or "Did he get hurt by falling down off of a dresser?"  I love his little mind.
The feeling is mutual! While Dan was in New York last weekend, he sent the boys this picture of him sitting on a fire truck. They still ask to look at my phone to see Daddy on the, as Jack says, "Fie-re truck.


4.  Vacuuming with Jack: Vacuuming has always been pretty entertaining with the boys. They usually take the attachments and pretend they are vacuuming the stairs and carpet with me. I had a smile on my face the whole time I was vacuuming a couple days ago because of Jack. He had the little "Luke stool" and would carry it around and plop down to watch me wherever I was.  However, he would settle in exactly in the place I needed to go every time. If his face wasn't so darn sweet,  I might have told him to go do something else. Instead, I just watched him and laughed while moving him about 20 times. 


5.  An excuse for donuts! We stopped by Dunkin Donuts after a non doctor's appointment. I thought we had an appointment until we got there, anyway. The boys loved the treat, and of course, so did I. We might have to schedule non-doctor's appointments more often!
6.  Luke's little forehead creases.


7.  Luke gaining strength! I think he's about to roll over. I actually think he might have already done it...he was off the blanket and on his back the other day, and I'm pretty sure I left him on the blanket having tummy time. However, I have not seen a repeat performance to confirm. 

8.  I just love this little guy and the other little big guys, too!

2 comments:

  1. I think this title may attract a whole new audience to your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin is wearing glasses and so stinking cute it is. Sorry we were not able to go to the museum with you today. If you go sometime in the near future please keep us in mind!!

    ReplyDelete