Monday, October 8, 2012

Daniel and the Lions' Den

Calvin's reciting of Daniel and the Lions Den....kind of hard to hear, so the text is below. 

The best part of this was a few minutes after he finished Calvin came in to give me kisses while I was feeding Luke to say good night. As we talked about it, I told him that God has given him the ability to put words from the Bible into his heart because God wants him to hide the Bible in his heart.  
We then sang "Thy word have I hid in my heart.  That I might not sin again Thee. That I might not sin, that I might not sin. Thy word have I hid in my heart" probably 10 times. At one point he said, "So that's what it means!" 



"My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions.  They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight.  Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty." Daniel 6:22

Daniel was a good man.  He loved God very much.  Daniel went to the king. The king loved Daniel.  Daniel helped the king. 

Because he loved God, some men did not like Daniel.  The men made an evil plan. The men went to the king.  "King, you are a great man, " they said.

"People should pray only to you." The men said, "If they don not, we will put them in the lions' den."

The men wanted to get Daniel in big trouble.  The king said, "Okay."  He did not know it was a trap for Daniel.

Daniel prayed only to God.  The men saw Daniel praying.  He did not stop praying to God. 

The men told the king about Daniel.

"King, your helper Daniel does not obey your rule," the men said. 

"Daniel was praying to God.  Not to you."

The men had tricked the king.  Guards came to take Daniel away to the lions' den.

The king shook his head.  The rule said pray only to the king.  But Daniel would not stop.  He would pray only to God. 

The king did not want to hurt Daniel.  The king said, "Daniel, I hope your God will save you."

Daniel was thrown into the lions' den.  The king was very sad.

Daniel prayed to God.  He asked God to watch over him.  So God sent his angel to help Daniel.  Daniel was safe all night. 

In the morning, the king woke up.  He ran to see Daniel.  The king called, "Daniel, are you okay? Did your God save you?"

"Yes," said Daniel.  "God's angel helped me with the lions!" The king was so happy! "Come with me, Daniel."

The king told all his people, "Daniel's God is great! Let us pray only to God."






5 comments:

  1. Praying those truths make deep roots in his heart and also in the hearts of his brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing little Bible! Wish we had one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But seriously, that is amazing and I know Mac & Corrie will love hearing Calvin read to them and sing with them when they see him next!

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention that the story was out of Mac And Corrie's Bible!

      Delete
    3. And now it is ALL if the little Buddie's ( + Corrie) Bible to share...even better! :-)

      Delete