Sunday, October 14, 2012

5k Saturday

The boys and I did an Autism Society 5k in Raleigh yesterday. Though I have run enough of these in my life, I was nervous to walk it with Cal, Jack, and Luke in tow. Along the way we saw a yellow "race car", a guy playing drums in the grass, train tracks with resting box cars, and lots of letters on peoples' shirts. All of that plus bags of granola for snack, and Calvin and Jack are asking to do another "race" today! Luke, as always, was just a happy little guy in the carrier, though I certainly had motivation to get to the finish before he needed to eat. It was a lot of fun, and I loved supporting my student Declan and his family! Declan had 126 people participating in the race in his name! So awesome to see a community come together for such a sweet little man!

2 comments:

  1. Did you place in that race? I ask that because your walk is faster than most people's run...even with three kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a little bit for Jackson too. :) Every dollar counts so thanks from the bottom of our hearts too. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete