Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trusting God Together

Last night we prayed together as an extended family, Dan and me, Sam, Ace and Jeff, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Trish, and Matt and Emily. There is something right about being together before the Lord that kind of makes the real stuff of life come out.
I thought I knew what I needed prayer for, but when I was finished talking about it, Jeff said, "Kelly, residency must be really hard for you, too." My heart immediately wanted to cry. I think that was really my greatest need, though I didn't realize it. I think we all left feeling like we'd come together as loved children of God and trusted Him together.

The common refrain for all 9 of us was that we feel weak and unsure of the future, but we know that our Father loves us more than we can imagine. I am so thankful for God's grace that allows us to face weakness and uncertainty with real hope instead of despair.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."2 Corinthians 12:9

Today I am feeling tired after having such a busy house, but it is a sweet tired. Kind of like I used to feel after a good long run. Dan said his good-byes last night, but the rest of us all gathered for one last hurrah at the Waffle House this morning.

Calvin, Jack, and I rolled away from the parking lot with a whole family who loves us waving good-bye. I love the tears and hugs. And I love that Calvin asked for Papa to come back all the way home. Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Your time together was blessed and gave you strength. I am thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete