Monday, April 11, 2011

A sweet ride for two (and a new doo)!

I have probably run fewer than 10 times since Jack was born 8 months ago. Among my many excuses is that we don't own a double jogging stroller (and don't want to buy one). Our friends Jason and Julie delivered their old stroller to our door on Saturday! It is awesome!

The last time I ran around Woodlake (just 3 or so miles), I took Jack with me. Along the way, someone labeled Jack the "town crier." All I could do was try to run faster home, and well, there's only so fast I can go being in pretty bad shape! I got some pretty interesting looks over the 10 minutes or so it took to get home with Jack full out screaming. Poor guy!

This time was a much different story! Jack never made an unhappy peep sitting next to his big brother, and the run was much more fun getting to go with Dan!
We took a little break around the lake to let Calvin get out and run. He's been saying "run, dada." I think he is trying to say he's running like Daddy. Cal took at least 4 steps for every stride of Dan's. And his over-confident arm swing and forward lean might have made Cal's form less than efficient. I think he was in heaven, though.

Calvin and Dan got haircuts together yesterday. Calvin required a cookie to get through it happily. Dan required the Masters to be on the television.

This is kind of nasty, but here is the carnage. At least the grandparents maybe will think it is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment