Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Car Transporter!

Goldmist Lane is all of 10 feet wide and 200m long. Today we were outside in the stroller ready to try a walk to help my two sick, cranky boys make it through the morning. Cal and I had just been talking in circles about what ten toys he could or couldn't hold. He was just generally dissatisfied and unhappy. Jack was a sleepless zombie in the other seat. Then what should appear turning onto our street??? A CAR TRANSPORTER!!
Calvin has seen a few of these while driving and loves them! I was thinking a drive-by would be just what the doctor ordered to give these guys a little lift. I needed the diversion as much as them....just tired of pulling tricks out of my sleeve to help entertain boys going from happy to devastated like a see-saw:

I think the "cause" of this change was me standing up to go get a cloth to wipe his face. Sigh. Poor guys just don't feel well.
Instead of passing by, it stopped in front of our house! For like 20 minutes! The boys sat happily in the stroller, just feet away from the rumbling truck. Calvin even got to touch it (with one finger, his choice). Thank you, Lord. I know it seems so minor, but it was major for the three of us.
The boys are upstairs napping now. For that I am also thankful!

PS. Calvin has been walking around this morning (2 days later) carrying a "car porder" in his hands. Here is what it looks like! Since Papa gave him the cars, he is calling it "Papa car porder."

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope they're feeling better. Love the car porder! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they feel better soon and your kids are adorable. When they grow up I bet they would love cars so much. It also helped you had pictures of the car transporter that you and your two boys saw outside. Looking forward for more blog entries from you.

    ReplyDelete