Friday, August 27, 2010

Uh-Oh!

Calvin has been saying "Uh-Oh!" a lot lately. This is by far my favorite time so far, though:


Calvin has been serious about mowing the lawn this week. After watching him make the circuit up our driveway, down the grassy hill to our neighbor's walkway, down their driveway, and across the sideway to our driveway at least 15 times, Calvin stopped behind this green power box.
I saw his little toe-head bounce up and down as he walked behind the box towards me while his lawn mower stayed on the sidewalk. All the while, Cal was whining....a familiar soundtrack these last few days.

Then Cal stopped whining and walking and said, "Uh-Oh!" and stooped down. Standing back up, he said, "MA!" Insensitive as I am, I said, "It's okay, Buddy. Come here."

Calvin, moving very slowly, proceeded to follow directions and come toward me. When he emerged from behind the power box, I saw the reason for the "Uh-Oh!" The poor guy stood showing his green diaper and sweet white legs to the world with his shorts around his ankles. He did not think it was nearly as funny as I did.....until it happened the second time and he started laughing with me.

Guess I need to buy some shorts that actually fit now that he's outgrown the old batch.

It's no wonder he's outgrowing clothes considering this behavior:

Calvin ate the other half this apple for snack today. This stem is all that remained when he finished, and I had to fish even that out of his mouth!


No comments:

Post a Comment