Thursday, June 6, 2013

Splintery Bridge

Jack and I (and Luke on the back) went on a little date to the farmers' market last weekend.  Jack got to sit in Calvin's booster car seat instead of the five-point harness, and we had one-on-one conversation the whole way to the market.

Once there, we stopped at a little lemonade stand to get a lemonade to share. I let him hold it while I bought our sausage....thinking he would just drink it all right there. He didn't drink a drop!

I was thinking maybe he didn't want it, but as we were holding hands walking toward the car, Jack said, "This has been a fun date, Mom." (I wish I could capture his sweet little emphasis with text better) Yes, buddy it has! Then he added, "Can we go sit down and have our treat?" Looking across the way he saw this bridge...where we sat a couple months ago after getting some lemonade. "But can we not sit on the 'plintery bridge?" It is very pretty, but Jack had literally 6 splinters in his little fingers when we got up to leave last time. Poor buddy. Thankfully, Dan took care of it!


He waited the whole time I was shopping to find a special spot. Not as quaint, but no splinters!



Here was Luke tucked away on my back.

Completely unrelated, but....

We went to pick strawberries last week, and these see-saws were outside. They redeemed the slim pickings in the field.

Luke has been crawling all around the bathroom and bedroom in the mornings while I shower. He especially likes the mascara tubes I've given him to carry around.


The boys love this kid-sized Gator that our friends have.  I'm actually thrilled when it is out of battery because they won't play with their friends until this option is removed! Luke got in on the action a few nights ago!



1 comment: