Saturday, June 22, 2013

Durham Bulls with Russ and Johanna

We went to see the Durham Bulls on Thursday night....with Russ and Johanna. I realized pretty quickly that there was no need to pair these two big events. One is plenty! In fact, nobody looked much at the baseball field when there was so much fun to be found with Russ and Johanna (as Jack says, Russ and a-Jwanna).  These pictures make the fun look pretty mild, but don't be fooled.  As much as it is possible to wrestle in baseball stadium seating, it was happening! We are thankful for friends who love our boys so well.

The game was lots of fun, still! Wool E. Bull, dollar hot dogs and fries, and Dan claims he almost caught a foul ball. I don't think I saw more than 3 pitches. Really. At one point I saw that the score was 1-0 bulls. Hmmm. That great! I wonder how we scored? Apparently I missed even the roar of the crowd when the home team scored!  I remember the days of coming to a baseball game and following every pitch (not to mention staying past the 4th inning!). That was pretty nice, but I'll take what we've got now instead.











4 comments:

  1. Do Dan and Ellis have the same haircut now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Been wondering if you guys would go see a game. The Bulls come to Indy to play as well as going to Durham. I remember when we used to take you girls to see the Indians play. Also remember watching you catch at all those Dad's Club softball games--I was so proud of you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete