Monday, April 8, 2013

Speeding Ticket and Air Pianos

I was scheduled for jury duty today, but I was not needed....so thankful! Not really sure how that was going to happen with the guys. I guess God agreed.

Then on the way home from a meeting this morning, I was speeding and got a ticket. The officer said I should go to the court date instead of pay it because they are pretty good in Orange County about just forgiving people. I just cried. Really?  Now I have to figure a way to go to court again. But glad we might not need to pay it.

It is crazy how quickly my mind jumps to why me? these days. I know that this is all ordained by God, who loves me and is doing the best thing. Even when it is all my fault, I just want a pass. It is hard to trust that what God views as good is not going to feel easy.

There are plenty of things that are just making me smile, though:

Calvin has been adding accessories to his "buddies" even. This morning Calvin wore Luke's leggings to our Bible study. He insisted, and they actually did fit his little toothpick legs. =)


We've had a sweet time hanging out with friends recently. We went to the museum with Ashely (and Ava, Brodie, and Ella).

And spent Saturday morning with Jenny and Lina Mae. It has been a joy to watch Calvin and Jack interact with other kids this week!







And Luke has been getting stronger. We met with a physical therapist last week, and he gave us some exercises to do to strengthen his core....I love seeing him standing by himself now! 

 







And Dan had a lot of time home this weekend, even though he was on call. The boys just love being with him. He has such a creative way of playing with them. Here they are playing piano together after lunch.






1 comment: