Sunday, June 10, 2012

The fountis

This fountain is nestled in the middle of an office park within walking distance from our house.  We have loved going there since before Calvin could properly pronounce the word, it is affectionately been known as "the fountis" ever since. We walk there and ride our bikes to get there, but most recently the boys have started throwing acorns and sticks in the water. 

What I love about the fountain is the beautiful scenery. This sidewalk is where we unstrap the boys from the stroller and they begin screaming, running, and throwing stuff into the water.
Calvin was so proud of finding this "fish" in the water recently...
I am pretty sure that his efforts to reach down deep enough into the water to retrieve this nasty, leafy "fish" is what ended him in his undies on the ride home. Since this day, we've been taking off shirts before play begins.

Jack loves stepping up and down on this concrete box.....of course there are easy-for-tripping concrete holes all over the ground around it. So far, he has come out unscathed!


The walk around the fountain has taken on new significance for me since I have been recovering from Luke's c-section. I have tried a couple times to complete the usual loop, but I have had to turn back when the pain started. Yesterday Dan and I took all three boys all the way around and I felt great! I am so glad to be able to enjoy the fountain again!

4 comments:

  1. That is sO cool, never knew about it! Hope you keep feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture of calvin's fish and love the picture of you and Luke. I admire your moby skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're able to get out with all three boys and walk. That has to help them get rid of energy and make you feel better, too. Good job, Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, the pic with you & Luke in the moby would make a great drawing for Dan. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete