Saturday, November 6, 2010

Good Examples

As the big brother, Calvin loves it when Jack watches him. If I'm holding Jack with his back to his brother, Calvin will ask "waah?" meaning that he wants Jack to watch him. Upon turning Jack around, Cal says "yeah!, yeah!, giggles, and smiles. I'm pretty sure Jack seems to enjoy seeing Cal, too.
Calvin is really good with Jack. He hugs him, kisses him, holds him, tries to pick him up, and tries to undress him, wash him, and redress him at bath time. Calvin is sweet to him. I'm glad that he's such a good example since I'm sure Jack will try to imitate many of Cal's footsteps.
Jack took a big step toward becoming a big guy like his brother tonight by sleeping in Calvin's old crib. As long as he's swaddled up with a paci, he's pretty happy, so he didn't think this new territory is much of a big deal. If he were old enough to be anxious about this transition, I'd tell him that he is being a big guy like his brother. I'm sure that would make him happy!

It is a big deal for me to see Jack laying there, though. He is the sweetest thing I have ever seen in that crib...well, tied for the sweetest, but I don't like admitting what it means. Calvin seems so little for a bed, but it is time. He loved hearing that he gets to sleep in a big guy bed like Daddy. I'm glad that he has daddy's example to follow to help him through new scary things.

Calvin's other favorite "big guy" example is boppa (grandpa). Here he is playing with a replica mommy made of him one rainy day recently.


2 comments: