Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Undivided Attention

Jack has received a good amount of attention over these first four months of his life, what with him being so darn sweet and all. However, a good majority of the time, he's sharing the limelight with his brother. Thus, he is still well-acquainted with his stroller.

However, this week we've gotten to hang out quite a bit, just the two of us, during Cal's nap time. Though I initially lamented the fact that they boys are on opposite nap schedules, it has been a blessing to have this precious time together.

I've enjoyed trying to elicit his toothless smiles...he gives them pretty liberally, and I love getting to drink them in when it is just us.
If Jack's recent bout of night waking, finger sucking and hand chewing are any indication, I think we'll see some chompers in that smile soon, though!

During these hours, I've definitely been more intentional about tummy time, picture taking, seeing if he'll roll over, and putting toys in his hands, too. But my favorite part of our time together is just getting to quietly appreciate how beautiful and sweet Jack is without interruptions, as much as I love the source of those interruptions.

2 comments:

  1. I want to kiss that face! Both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack looks precious! I wish I was able to come and give a big hug... to all of you! I hope you are doing well Kelly! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete