Saturday, October 30, 2010

All Dressed Up and Quite Pleased

I keep referring to Jack as a "beast"....in the most endearing way possible. At just 3 months old, he is fitting into 6 month clothes. That said, his personality is the opposite of beastly! Jack is sleeping like a champ, and he is so easy-going when awake. He loves to look in our faces with his trusting blue eyes and smile. He's even started reaching for the features on our faces! So, this sweet cow costume seemed fitting for our little beast of a buddy, Jack.
Calvin was none too excited about wearing his bat costume until he saw himself in the mirror. This is the little smirk he gave to show his satisfaction.
I think Calvin liked the ears and eyes on the top of his head the best. Though he was a bat, he kept calling himself a, "tep." I guess it is close enough! True to form, for Calvin and a bat, our little man hung out mostly by himself while at our Halloween party. He spent a lot of time watching from the outskirts, wandering around the pool, and scavenging for potato chips.
I thought his costume could be made a bit witty by having him carry a ball. That was pretty easy.....why be a bat when you can be a bat and ball?

In the spirit of Halloween, we went to the pumpkin patch a couple weeks ago. By "we" I mean Calvin, Jack, and me. Calvin had a lot of fun because pumpkin patch was, well, a whole field of orange balls! Here Calvin is pointing that out:

Jack seemed to have a fine time himself as he slept in the carrier. I, on the other hand, felt a little frazzled by the end. For some reason thought I needed to capture the experience, but that was a little too difficult with Calvin running from one pumpkin to the next while trying to keep him from getting lost in the crowd of people. This picture kind of sums up the whole experience for me!


3 comments:

  1. Oh so precious! You are a great mom, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! You are a WONDERFUL Mom! It sounds like it was a great Halloween! I love seeing your pictures because it makes me feel like I am in North Carolina! I hope YOU are doing well! Please send me an e-mail update! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun you must have had! Cal is so adorable and so is baby Jack. I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete