Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sharing

The concept of sharing has taken our life by storm over the last 3 months. Calvin prefers to be in control of the situation when he chooses to actively share (i.e. give something away). Jack always "gives" things back, so Calvin enjoys sharing with him. Not so much with other people.

Calvin has shared some very valuable items with his little brother. Some of my favorites: a whole Lego house, which I found balanced on Jack's chest, the Metlife blimp and a golf ball,


A whole library of books,

Daddy,


And Jack's blanket. Calvin hurriedly sits on this blanket to claim his place before I've fully settled it on the ground for Jack.

Jack is so easy-going that not even the Lego house or having to lay half-off his blanket phases him. Sweet buddy.

Dan and I have been practicing our sharing skills as well. While Calvin is very good at not taking his friend's toys, he loves taking all of our stuff and imitating everything we do. He loves using our Kleenex to wipe his mouth and dust the furniture. He's taken clean laundry from the basket to "kill" flies against the widows as he's seen us do with towels. And just today he took a cloth wipe to pretend to wipe his bottom.

Calvin's been pretending to talk on the phone a lot lately. I like how he tilts his head a bit...guess we must do that!

Calvin has had a fascination with our shoes this week. Calvin seriously asks for mommy's and daddy's shoes instead of his own. After being out of the room for a few minutes yesterday, I found that Cal had taken these shoes out of my closet to create this display on the bathroom rug.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! It has been a month since I've read your posts! I have loved seeing all your pictures of Csl and Jack with your family. I am so glad to hear that tutoring is going well too! I will be more up to date hopefully when I am at school :) I hope everything is well and please continue to keep in touch! I love seeing your posts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete