Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tutoring Desk

This summer I taught at a private school in the area that specializes in serving children with learning disabilities and ADHD (The Hill Center). Now I am tutoring for about 5 hours a week in our home and loving it! We needed some extra income, and it seems as though these opportunities have been laid out for me. They are exactly what I would have wanted but seemed nearly impossible to initiate without a connection to schools in this area. I am so thankful that God is providing for all of our family's needs and using my teaching abilities in the process.

Though teaching in our home is an ideal situation, we don't have much of extra space to use. Dan recently built a desk to fit in the only suitable place. Here's the set-up:

And here's a close-up of his handy-work. He made sure it was wide enough to comfortably fit two chairs and attached a flap to extend the depth of the table-top when I need it.


Calvin really enjoyed "helping" Dan with the construction of this table.


While Dan was hammering all the nails into place, Calvin came out to the garage to say "Good night." Before giving kisses, he started pounding on the table to mimic Dan's hammering. So sweet to see him identifying with his Daddy!

So, while Dan, Cal, and I have been working, Jack has been doing what Jack does: lying in the stroller in the garage/driveway...

And smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment