Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas at the Beach


Dan, Calvin, and I spent this Christmas at the beach in South Carolina. It was great to get away and be with family to play for a few days. We had a great time, and we are so thankful that Ace, Jeffy, Sam, Abbey, and Ben were willing to make the long/expensive treks so that Dan and I didn't have to. We love you guys!

Here are some highlights of our time together:

1. Getting some down time while other people watched Cal. This does not happen a lot, and unfortunately it didn't happen without great effort while we had many willing sitters for Cal. Cal was not feeling well and was extremely clingy....I spent a lot of time hiding because when he saw me, he was immediately discontent....more like screaming.

2. Having all the "kids" together. It love watching Dan with his brothers...he acts like he is 10 all over again.
What this picture does not show is what happened when they reached the open beach at the end of the dock. Ben decided it was time for a frigid swim. Of course, Dan and Sam had to follow suit. All three grown boys....in their skivvies.


3. Walking the beach. It was very windy for the first couple of days, but the last day was gorgeous. We walked a couple miles down to a pier. On the other side, we found a starfish graveyard. I think there were between 50-100 starfish of all shapes and sizes within 100 yards of each other. It was pretty incredible.



4. Watching Cal with his grandparents, uncles, and aunt.


After bath time has always been Jeffy's special playtime with Cal. I don't think Calvin likes it very much. =)

Awww.

Calvin is getting initiated early into the world of golf. I love this picture of Cal on the golf cart with grandpa. It is windy, but neither seem to mind too much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you guys had a great time in South Carolina! The beach must have been wonderful, in spite of it being windy :) I love the first picture of you and dan. I can see why you both would need a break!

    Kelly, please check you e-mail about me possibly visiting for spring break in March. I would love to come see you guys but I wanted to make sure the dates worked out for you!

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete