Thursday, February 28, 2013

Homemade toys

I definitely wouldn't consider myself a crafty person, but the boys (and the rain) are challenging me to be more creative these days. Calvin has been begging for some yarn to use in crafts. We bought some, but now what? Hmmm.....we tried making a necklace yesterday.


Here was the 4-year-old braiding process. Now if he can just get "right" and "left" down, it will be really simple. He says "right to the middle, left to the middle, etc." but he doesn't know right from left. Soon enough.

I also rigged up this rattle for Jack...I mean Luke. The beans make it really loud, so of course Jack loves it!

When Dan comes home, these attempts to entertain are not necessary. The boys shift into a super content and happy gear. These videos were both taken while I was tutoring last night. Love to see these  happy naked boys when I come down stairs!


1 comment:

  1. Love the way Luke leans into his brothers! So sweet that he is in the middle of all the action.

    ReplyDelete