Thursday, February 7, 2013

5 bedroom house

Dan has started the process of applying for fellowship programs for when he finishes his residency in about a year and a half. The cramped living arrangements in a few of the potential places have made me wonder if the our boys would ever sleep well again, but this visit with my friend Amanda and her 3 kids is giving me hope. 

Between the two of us, we have 6 kids (Calvin 4, Mac 3, Jack 2, Corrie 2, Luke 8 mo, and Davey 6 weeks).  Yesterday during nap time, all 6 slept! I am actually just counting this as a gift. I would call 4/6 victory...especially if a few key players were included in the 4...uh-hum Jack) Here is how it has worked so far...

Jack in his room
Mac in Luke's/guest room
Corrie in laundry room
Calvin in my room
Luke in my closet
Davey with Amanda/Luke's crib


Maybe the key factor in all of this is having the kids exhausted from playing. Today we played at the museum...





Last night, Dan took a turn showing off (I mean helping) with the kids. 

After Dan graduates, I'm thinking we might be able to list our house as a 5 bedroom instead of 3. Really, given the amount of time Luke and Jack spent in a drawer in the master bathroom, maybe even 6!

2 comments:

  1. You must be having a fun six ring circus! Glad you all get to visit. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was actually Dan's 100th push-up.

    ReplyDelete