Friday, November 30, 2012

Movember and other antics

I am not too upset that November is coming to a close. Actually, I didn't mind it when it started. I always think Dan looks handsome with a little scruff. However, he has claimed the excuse of "Movember" to grow a full on beard, and recently cut a mustache.   If Luke and the boys were able to grow a mustache, I'm sure they would, but for now, they have to settle for other antics.

Like...

Calvin's fireman's coat....he asked Dan to button it up like they do when they are getting ready to go into the fire. Apparently that means buttoned all the way up with a hood under the hat.  Jack prefers to just take his shirt off to run every chance he gets.



Luke's solid food. We keep trying, but he's just not too interested. The good news is, he has moved past the shudder every time we put a spoonful in his mouth. He swallows a few bites, anyway.


Calvin's new place for his naptime "buddies."  The location has been constant, but it is always something different in Cal's mind. On this day, I think Moose and Clifford were on a suspension bridge. Jack has been waking up early from his nap and helping me wake Cal. He is so happy when he first wakes up, announcing "I awake!" We then have been reading together before waking up Cal. 
Reading with Jack.   Mrs. O'Leary's Cow has been the book of choice this week. This video pretty much sums up what it is like to read with Jack.....dropping/retreiving Bird and Duckie, question after question, and such sweet time.  He even threw in a little "I don't!" at the end.....that is his "no" these days. 


This was my attempt to wake Cal today. Jack and Luke playing right next to his sleepy head. It didn't work....


Jack looking up to Calvin.  Not only has Jack started talking more frequently and intelligibly this month, but he has also shown an increased reliance on his brother for answers. In the mornings, the boys play with the books in their room. Here Cal was reading to Jack. I love the question/answer throughout....until the end, that is. I guess they are 3 and 2.

4 comments:

  1. The face is hideous! But I like the mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like watching the boys read better than watching the mustache on the good looking face behind it. ;)

    ReplyDelete