Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Provision

It is naptime, and I feel awake...for the first time in a long while.  

Could it be because Kim was just here, allowing me to sleep 2+ hours every afternoon?  Yes. 

It was so good to have her here playing with the boys and hanging out with me!  She was so good, especially with Jack, who has needed a little TLC lately.   She just gets him and connects with him by playing peek-a-boo, joking with him, and pushing cars around.

This might be my favorite moment of her being here....we were both trying really hard not to laugh audibly when Calvin and Addie both landed themselves in timeout at the same time. The body language and eyebrows say it all! They were not nearly as pleased as we were!



Could it be because Luke slept from 9-5 last night? DEFINITELY!




I am thankful that God has provided all the rest I could need despite having a newborn and 2 other little goobers to take care of.

As if rest were not enough, God made a way for us to get a new high chair for Jack, which I have been wanting for a while now. He loves Calvin's wooden chair that a friend handed down to us, so I wanted to get him one of his own. Upon searching online for one, I quickly realized I could not make this happen on my own because they are so expensive and too new/trendy for people to be posting on craigslist.

Dan and I went on a little date to the Habitat for Humanity "REstore" this weekend while Kim babysat during naptime...just to look around. Dan asked if I wanted to look for anything, and I said no. He said, "A highchair?" knowing I have been pining after one. There was NO WAY a place like this would have one.....none on craigslist, none on ebay, etc, so I just laughed.

We walked over to the kitchen furniture area just in case and, sure enough, no wooden highchair.  Then, as we were walking by a random hallway-ish aisle by the back, there, holding a few misplaced books was the exact high chair I've wanted to get him, in perfect condition, sitting there with a $10 sticker on it, not $200 like it costs new. CRAZY! Dan and I just looked at each other like we were getting away with something. I think we were....the volunteer who stocked/priced it surely did not know what the heck it was and how much it should have cost.  And I know God wanted it that way because he wanted to provide for us in this small, but so tangible way right now. Thank you, Lord!




1 comment: