Saturday, July 14, 2012

Attention


The biggest challenge since Luke was born 8 weeks ago has been giving each of the boys the attention that they need.   I have been praying that God would help me to know how to love each of the boys in the way that speaks to them in the time that I have with them.

Calvin and I are similar in that as long as we are talking throughout the day, we are good. That has not been too difficult since I can talk while doing anything. Yesterday I was tired after a fun few days with Amanda, Mac, and Corrie, so I was zoning out a bit in the afternoon. Calvin kept saying, "Mommy, why aren't you answering me?" That little man knows how to advocate for himself =).



Jack has been another story. He loves to wrestle, chase, and be held, but he does not initiate...much more unnatural for me.  Over the last couple weeks, I have been spending a lot more of this kind of time with him, and he is doing a lot better....and it has been fun to be with that sweet little man!

Jack has also started talking more, which helps me out, too. One of my favorite new things he is saying is, "ky....for okay." I love when he uses it. In this picture Jack is having a time out....when I told him to go to timeout for drinking the water after I told him not to, he said, "Ky," in his raspy, low little voice before scampering to the timeout chair. I just wanted to tell him to not worry about going because he is so darn cute!  





Luke is almost 8 weeks old and still sleeping/eating most of the time. When he is awake, I am often protecting his sweet blue eyes from Cal and Jack, who literally try to point them out...only because they are so excited to see him awake.

Today Luke was awake during the boys' naptime, so I got to play alone with him a bit...man, he is so sweet!








Then he went back to sleep...



1 comment: