Friday, July 10, 2009

Papa Doma!






Last summer, I went to Russia with the high school kids at our church, and we helped out with a summer camp. The kids sang a song called "Papa Doma," which means "Daddy's Home." The kids and counselors alike in Russia LOVED this song. I didn't quite understand why it was such a big deal to have "Daddy home," but I think I do now.

Dan has been working a lot since he officially started residency a little over a week ago. His time with Calvin has been really limited since Calvin gets up after he leaves and sometimes goes to bed before he returns home. Dan had yesterday afternoon and all of today to spend with Calvin and me, and the time was precious.

Calvin lights up when he sees Dan. He can tell how much Dan loves him, and he loves it when his daddy is home. So do I! Here is a video of their sweet time together.


6 comments: