Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our First Run!






Calvin and I took our first run together today! He loved riding along up and down the hills, but I learned exactly how out of shape I am. We only went about 3 miles, and I don't think I could have handled much more.

The scenery was beautiful along Woodcroft Parkway where we ran our "out and back" course. There were pine trees lining both sides of the street, and we were safely on the sidewalk the whole time.

I am hopeful that Calvin will do well as I try to run a bit farther with him in the stroller as he was a zombie the whole way. I am so thankful to have the Baby Jogger that my sister and brother-in-law gave us as an awesome gift! It is fun to run with Calvin instead of getting a sitter or waiting until Dan comes home.

3 comments:

  1. 3 miles!??! You weenie! That's all you got? :) I bet Calvin is going to love it. Especially since you are starting him early. I'm so glad that the surgery went well. SHEESH! I am so sorry that you guys have been going through all this the last few months. Scary stuff. I'll call soon. Much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad it worked for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think they'll let Calvin tag along if you run the Boston marathon again?! I can hear him cheering you on--"Faster, Mommy, faster!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete