Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daddy Gorilla!

I don't know what I expected, but apparently not for a gorilla hand, finger, knuckle, etc to look just like mine. Wow, this Daddy gorilla contentedly lounged around kicking the pane of glass between us last week.  I am certain I have never been this close to a "wild" animal. Definitely the highlight of the zoo!

The zoo was on our way to visit some of Dan's buddies (and their families) from college in the mountains. There we watched Stuart Little on a large screen....maybe a bad idea. The cat is repeatedly shown from Stuart's (the mouse) view point. I am not sure if it is the gorilla or the cat, but Jack has been telling me ever since that "____________ (s)care me." Sweet buddy!

Dan and I took a few hours for a hike up to a waterfall with the boys.

The views along the trail were beautiful! 

We definitely got some looks with our crew....especially while Dan was carrying Cal on his shoulders and Jack on his back at the same time.








1 comment: