Friday, March 11, 2011

A Sweet Morning

This morning was really sweet. With "Thunder Road" on repeat in the CD player, I sang along badly and loudly while folding diapers. Cal hijacked the laundry basket and played with his clock the whole time.

Meanwhile, Jack slept so sweetly upstairs. He's been sleeping on his tummy for about a week now.
He's not always thrilled about it since he can't roll back over at will. Especially when his legs get tangled in the rails like this. I love looking at his relaxed little body like this, though.

I'm not so sure that the events of this morning were abnormal, I just had more fun with it. Dan and I talked last night about why I feel so tired at the end of a day. I'm not belittling my job...there IS a lot I do, but the way I feel seems disproportional.

Here is what I came up with: I think way too much during the day. Even when I've made a decision, before acting upon it I think around and through it many more times. I think my mind is exhausted because of this habit.

Dan suggested I just simply write down what I am going to do and when before bed each night so I don't feel like I'm holding it together in my mind. Seems so simple, but it has helped me already today.

2 comments:

  1. Writing things down (even just your thoughts) and making lists is a good stress reliever. Great suggestion, Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once read that the read of depression is higher in women, attributing that to the fact that so much of "women's work" is never really finished. Once the dishes are done, there are new dirty ones waiting for your attention. Making a list is a good way to show yourself how much you are accomplishing. Sometimes, however, all you need to really accomplish is finding some fun time with the boys, so make sure that often appears on your list.

    I am think of you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete