Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cookie Power

Today I gave Calvin a haircut. By myself, with both boys awake, in the dining room. This took quite a lot of courage on my part. For one, I am definitely not a hair stylist. And for two, the snotty, tantrum with hair all over it that was thrown during our last attempt outside, with Ace's help (and two sweet neighborhood girls, too), and with Jack sleeping is still burned in my mind.

This morning while feeding Jack, I had a stroke of brilliance: a cookie!

Annie Woodruff made quite the impression on Cal over Christmas with some (quite tasty) cut-out cookies. He was immediately her best friend! These pictures are priceless. Pure happiness on Cal's face upon receiving the gift!



I asked Cal if he would like to eat a cookie while I cut his hair. I told him he could keep it as long as he did not "fight mama." Only 10 minutes, zero tears, and half a cookie later, voila!





3 comments: