Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pediasure

Of course it is a toy:

The bottles are very good for taking off the shelf...

Transporting (sliding and carrying seem to be equally enjoyable)....

Reorganizing on the floor, and returning to the shelf (sort of anyway).


But it also serves a greater purpose:

We have been supplementing Calvin's diet for the last few months with Pediasure...or the generic equivalent. He has remained below the growth curve compared to his peers (1st %ile at 20 pounds by 16 months) , so we are always looking for ways to sneak in more calories. He doesn't seem to mind his whole milk mixed with Pediasure, though I think it tastes sickeningly sweet.

The nutritionist at Duke gave us a whole case of chocolate Pediasure. This was financially great, but it was quite a mess in terms of staining Cal's clothes! I also had to swallow my pride a bit when I was in public serving my son a bottle of chocolate milk. I'm sure there will be many more times when I have to decide not to care what others are thinking about my parenting =).

Because of this weight issue, we continue to give Calvin a bottle of milk before every meal. He enjoys a cup and sippy cup these days, but he does not eat the same quantity of milk when given those as he is willing to drink with a bottle. Because Calvin is Mr. Independent these days, he insists on holding the bottle himself, though. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment