Monday, August 31, 2009

Let's Go Grandpa!


Ace and Jeff, Dan's parents, came for a whole week last week to visit us, and Ben was able to fly in from California for the weekend. Calvin did not want his Grandma and Grandpa or Uncle Ben to leave on Sunday...... neither did Dan or I. Uncle Ben tried to help Calvin sneak away to Indiana. He actually fit quite well into the passenger seat, but Jeffy would have been too distracted to drive with Cal riding shot-gun.

We love hanging out with family, and this week was no exception. While we were rarely able to all be together because of Dan's schedule, the time we had was precious.

Here are some things I realized last week-


1. There is nothing more precious than watching Calvin wrestle with Daddy and Grandpa. I like especially how Grandpa announces the outcome of the "wrestling matches" for a while after the matches are over. I think only actual outcome was lots of smiles and laughter from Cal.







2. Jeff and Ace spoil Calvin, Dan and me!

Calvin is spoiled every time he is around Grandma and Grandpa, but I feel like I am spoiled just as much. I think Ace was Cal's primary caretaker last week, so I was free to run, shower, read....ahhh. It was a nice little break. It was also so great to have Ace to talk to everyday when it would otherwise just have been me and Calvin. If that is not enough, Jeffy took me on a date to get ice cream one night while Dan was working. So fun!

It was a treat to share Calvin's usual activites with family. Here are some picture of Ace, me, and Cal at the pool:





Calvin still LOVES the pool. I think he gets this from his Grandma who loves the water. He loves "swimming," and he is no longer content with floating on his back. When we try to put him on his back, he now immediately tries to flip over. Needless to say, we have not yet allowed him to experience the consequence of this decision.


3. Calvin loves his Uncle Ben! While Calvin has been needing "warm-up time" with most people these days, there was none needed with Ben. He was comfortable with him right away. Calvin just loved staring at him, building with him, and touching his face. Ace says that Ben looked a lot like Calvin as a little guy. Maybe Calvin feels like Ben understands him =).

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm SO glad that you had some company for a week. Calvin seems to be getting bigger everyday! Keep the pictures and the blogs coming :) And let me know how you are doing through e-mail. Tell Dan and Calvin that I said "HI!" God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin has a great laugh! Love the 'wrestling' videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looked like a great time! Calvin honestly can NOT get any cuter! oh...i wish I could just kiss those little cheeks myself!

    Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete