Friday, November 1, 2013

Follow the Addie

If our time with Kim, Jason, Addie, and Teddy were a movie, it would have been called Follow the Addie. I don't think I talked to Calvin directly more than a handful of times over the week. Even breakfast conversations between he and I went something like this:

Me: Calvin, what would you like to eat this morning?
Calvin: Addie, what are you going to have?
Addie: (whatever she said that day)
Calvin: I want what Addie is having.

Calvin made his drawings to match Addie's exactly, he repeated what she said, and he was always a half step behind her right shoulder eager to do whatever she decided to do.

Walking around the museum...

Waiting for the balls to drop on their heads at Marbles.

Going on bike/scooter rides...

Hanging out a Duke Gardens...

Flying a kite...









And having a sleep over each night...

It is so sweet to me that the boys love being with their big cousin. She is very good to them, so I can see why they love her!  I so loved being with Addie, too. What a great oldest role model for our extended family!

The one prayer I have after this week is for Calvin's little heart as he grows up (and my heart, too). I see this tendency in him to latch onto other people, disregarding what he usually would say or do to follow them. While I love that he likes to be with friends, I pray that his heart would pursue and follow Jesus alone. He is the only one worthy. 

Psalm 62:5-8
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone:
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge"

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see what a wonderful visit the cousins had with each other. Addie, Cal & Jack made some fond memories with each other and I'm sure Kelly & Kim did, too. Seeing this visit warmed my heart. Love you guys! Nana

    ReplyDelete