Monday, May 7, 2012

We're Gonna Miss This

Jack, Cal, and I have been taking a lot of bike rides these last few months! I love it, and so do the boys! Cal scoots along on his little bike fast enough for me to coast next to him with Jack relaxing in the seat behind me. I've been really impressed with Calvin's stamina....we'll go 2 1/2 miles or so, and he does great! Ok, not always....I tried to push him to 3 miles a few weeks ago and he cried about the last 1/2 mile home since he was so tired.



I am really looking forward to meeting Luke in a couple weeks, but I have been lamenting the end of some things that will be difficult with a newborn.  For some reason, these bike rides together are near the top of the list. After Luke is 6 months or so we can safely hook a trailer on to my bike, but for the next chapter, we'll be walking with the stroller and playing in the front yard instead of riding to the Pineywood or the Office Park.



The next time we are cruising around together, Jack will probably be the one on this little red bike, and Cal will finally have his long-awaited bike with pedals!



When we pull into the garage after a ride, Jack usually shouts, "Home!" and Calvin always says (with much feeling), "That was a good bike ride!" I think I'm going to miss that part the most.

1 comment:

  1. If Cal could read, he would say about this post (with much feeling), "that was a good post!"

    ps. love Cal's hat and helmet combo. I am sure Corrie will be demanding that soon.

    ReplyDelete