Thursday, June 23, 2011

Swing Set, Fort, and Horsey Rides

We just inherited a swing set from some friends down the street who are moving! We told Cal about it by opening his blinds the next morning and saying, "Calvin, Look what is in our backyard!" He's been replaying this scene by going to the window, pointing, and saying, "Look at what in our backyard!"

I love that it is the old-school kind like I had growing up! Not big and colorful and complicated.
Calvin has been loving his "hwing." I'm sure the pretty grass under his feet will be gone soon. I'm still trying to come to terms with what this means for our yard. I know it is worth it. =)
Jack is content in his little swing. He loves it when we tickle his feet and legs as he swings toward us, but I'd say he tolerates or just likes the swinging motion in general.


Calvin likes the rickety slide, too. One of the two ladder posts rests on the ground, so the ladder swings a bit. Just adds to the charm of the set.
Ace introduced Calvin to the notion of making forts while she was here last week. From the outside it looks neat and tidy with pillows creating a little house inside. On the inside, there is every big and little toy and book Calvin can stuff inside. My personal nightmare. He loves it though, and I love that!

Jack has been walking while pushing the push-n-ride racer (under the table above). So sweet to see him walking around. He is really persistent. He gets stuck and works at it all by himself without getting frustrated for a while. I think he'll be walking independently pretty soon now.

Jack has also been taking horse rides on Dan. He can't get enough! I love the way he tries to bounce himself!

5 comments:

  1. Aunt Abbey and Uncle Sammy miss those guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

    Playset Assembly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative and useful historical post. I see you have a lot of other cool stuff available at your website, simply bookmarking it to check in spare time. Thanks and keep the good work up.

    Wooden Swing Sets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.!

    Swing set Assembly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!

    Outdoor play

    ReplyDelete