Friday, May 20, 2011

May in a Nutshell

Jack is 10 months now....making huge messes while feeding himself, crawling around and pulling himself up on everything, and babbling....mostly "dadadadada."

Here Jack is talking to Dan.

Our friends Kate and Neil (and Nate) introduced us to the chocolate chip pancake last weekend while we were visiting them in VA. This might have changed our lives. Jack loved them, though that is not saying a whole lot since he devours everything we set before him.

Jack loves to touch things, so he's often squirming out of my arms to get something. Here he is at the pool grabbing Hockey's face. He loves doing this, and it is so sweet until his little pinchers with fingernails (that I am always behind at cutting) grab hold.

He looks like this for about 70% of his wake time. He is so happy! Lately Calvin has been making him belly laugh like no one else can. So sweet to hear! It is a good thing that Jack loves receiving kisses because he makes it so hard to resist!

Calvin
Calvin fell out of bed for the first time a couple weeks ago. We thought we heard a thud earlier in the night, but we disregarded it when there was no crying. When we checked on him a couple hours later, he was no worse for the ware.
I wish I could have seen how hearrived in this position.

We got him squared away. I'm not sure he ever woke up.

Cal's is revealing his tummy here...which he is fascinated with having us "tiss." He also tries to kiss his own. He's wearing a sweatshirt around his waist like I tie my long sleeve t-shirts. He's into imitating everything we do. My favorite is his using a kid's golf bag as a purse and walking down the sidewalk proclaiming, "A-bye! I go get ice cream" or "A-bye! I go out a eat!"

I hope Cal was not trying to impersonate me while we were at the beach a couple weeks ago with Hockey. We spent a marginal time on the beach because Calvin did not like the sand beneath his feet, but he paraded this backpack and visor around for all of the two days we were there.


2 comments: