Thursday, February 17, 2011

Watch This!

I have to remind myself lately to just enjoy the moment instead of trying to constantly capture it. Here are some recent favorites. Maybe you'll like watching Jack and Cal's tricks, too!

Calvin's Phrases:

Calvin is putting 2+ words together when he speaks. Though phrases like "More milk peaz", "pay 'side," and "shooz off" are very functional, my favorite is "watch this!" It is often repeated at least 5 times while he's throwing something. Here is a sample, though he's putting blocks into a clock instead of throwing.


Calvin's buddy Mac (pictured below) was over yesterday, and the boys were collectively working on sharing a lawnmower and a yellow shovel. Today we were outside, and Calvin was adamantly trying to tell me something.....I finally figured out it was "lawnmower, share." He was thrilled when I said it, and he then added "Mac" to the equation! He later said the same phrase , except with "yellow shovel" instead of lawnmower.

Jack's Eating:

This one might win me some kind of negligent mom award, but I thought it was so sweet. Jack was really hungry when we were out the other day, so I thought I'd feed him his bottle in his carrier before we got home. He pretty much grabbed it out of my hands!

Jack has demonstrated some serious eating skills lately, too! He's been eating at least 4 ounces of food at each meal in addition to his normal milk supply!

Jack Crawling...well, almost!

Jack really wants to be mobile! So far, he's pretty good at going backwards!


And every once-in-a-while, he'll lurch forward a bit!


Calvin First Golf Lesson:


In the words of Calvin, "uhhh, yeah...."

1 comment: