Thursday, December 16, 2010

Breakfast Centerpiece


I wonder if Jack is amused as me to see the scene at breakfast these days. Perched on the table bobbling his little head, he studies his big brother. I don't think the gnawing on his blanket, fingers, or toy distracts him too much.

He sees Calvin in his highchair (ha-chi) with apple butter all over his face methodically eating toast. Each piece has had the center eaten out before being placed exactly where it started, but facedown. From high up on the table, this is his vantage point.
Then, there is the hair. Though I'd like to say this is only bed-head, it is not. We were at a party the other night, and someone meeting Cal for the first time tenderly said, "Aww, he just woke up!" Hmm... It's not usually quite this bad, though.
This is my favorite view! Two sweet boys with me. This morning the boys were particularly amused with their new toys from Uncle Sam and Aunt Abbey. Calvin's Choo-Choo delayed his eating quite a bit, and Jack's firefly provided many gnawing surfaces!

I like seeing Calvin peer back through the chair slats. I usually only see one eye since the other is usually covered by his milk cup like it is here.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Such cute, sweet boys. They are such a blessing and they are so blessed to have you as their mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These babies are precious. I love Cal's impish looks with his eyes. Such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete