Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's a Boy!

I need to start with a confession. In the past, I have talked contemptuously about other blogs because of delinquent updating. And now here I am with no posts in February. There is no excuse for my pathetic showing (just like there is no excuse for Kyle and Sondra's 2 month hiatus). Good, I feel better now. =)

On to more important topics...
Baby #2 is officially 19 weeks old and decidedly a boy! We are so thankful to have another little guy coming! Not only do we just like little guys, but we are glad to get to reuse Cal's old stuff instead of going shopping. We are also open to name suggestions. The best we've gotten so far is Merle Bobby (thanks Uncle Ben!). Though, I'm not so sure I want to raise a NASCAR driver.
He would not sit still for the ultrasound technician to take many good pictures, so we are thinking we've got our hands full! Here's the best 4D picture we could get from the little mover. Don't be fooled, he was not sleeping.


Dan was pleased with this picture.

Lest Cal be upstaged by his little brother, I have good news about him, too (Sorry, no pictures, though)! He had an appointment with his ophthalmologist a couple weeks ago, and his left eye is doing incredibly well! According to the vision test for babies, Calvin's left eye is within the normal range (on the low side, but still!). We are so excited and thankful that God has improved Cal's vision in this eye so dramatically! It is hard to believe that it was blind just 8 months ago!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! PS Upon further reflection, Bobby Merle flows better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! But I am still secretly hoping you will have a girl one day :) I look forward to seeing you SUNDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great news. thanks for sharing. hope to meet both little guys some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news! God's looking out for Cal and his new little brother, Mom and Dad! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete